Place Matters Celebrates 10th Anniversary
This evening, City Lore and the Municipal Art Society are honoring 10 great places around the 5 boroughs for the ways they contribute to our communities and city. The event is also a celebration of the 10th anniversary of Place Matters, a project of the two organizations. This evening's event is sold out, but Place Matters has prepared the video above for those who cannot attend.
The full list of honorees is below. Clearly for us, the highlight is the Greenpoint Manufacturing and Design Center, located on Manhattan Avenue and Newtown Creek.
The 10 Place Matters honorees are:
- Federation of Black Cowboys, Howard Beach, Queens
- Greenpoint Manufacturing & Design Center, Greenpoint, Brooklyn
- JCR Percussion, Highbridge, Bronx
- La Plaza Cultural Armando Perez, Lower East Side, Manhattan
- Mandolin Bros. Ltd., West New Brighton, Staten Island
- A.J. Muste Building (Peace Pentagon), Noho, Manhattan
- Snug Harbor Cultural Center, Staten Island
- THE POINT Community Development Corporation, Hunts Point, Bronx
- Weeksville Heritage Center, Crown Heights, Brooklyn
- West 4th St. Courts, "The Cage," Greenwich Village, Manhattan